Saturday, December 8, 2007

bittersweet milestones

Gracie moved out of her old room and into her new room in the basement today. I'll have to post pictures when I get some time. The room is so big and spacious. I think we need another girl to fill it up better! We set up a beanbag chair in her closet with a bin of books as her little "reading nook" - she was tickled! She is so excited over her new space. I was the one who had a hard time when I tucked her in for the night - realizing she's two floors away now. I think I forget how much she has grown up - she is nearly four!

I wasn't anticipating moving Jackson out of our room just yet (as much as I'm ready in so many other ways I'm not!), but somehow we decided to do it all in the same day! I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed now! Since Jackson is our last baby, it seems as though every milestone is a door that is closing in my life as a momma. Knowing my last little baby is no longer right next to me during the night is so bittersweet. Perhaps if we adopt as we hope to some day, we'll find ourselves back in some of these "baby days". As hard as some of these baby days (and nights) are - they are some of the sweetest!

1 comment:

jenny said...

Oh, I hear you, and I am with you word for word...these milestones are celebrations on the outside while inwardly it constricts the heart. You just never get the old adage that "time flies" until you have kids and realize it is flying by before you blink your eyes. But it struck me the other day that though the past 7 years of being a mom has flown by, think of all the memories we've made...and I've got 11+ years to go just while they are at home...and the memories don't stop then either. What a blessing these days are...and I am so, so, so thankful.

Jackson is SUCH a cutie and definitely has his own distinct look...I am guessing he is more your side of the famiy. Maddie and Gracie would be such great every day buddies--Maddie LOVES to help out in the kitchen (to the point of major inconvenience at times).

Love your playlist...you'll have to tell me how you did that.