Monday, October 1, 2007

Answered Prayer

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Growth is good, even when it hurts a little; especially if it draws us closer to God. I'm so glad that God continues to show himself to me and gives me opportunities to grow in my faith. I may have mentioned to some of you that Jordan lost his job earlier in September (his last day was actually today). God has given me such a peace that he was going to take care of us and that he would provide. Even when I found out that COBRA was going to be $1200 a month, I knew he would show us a way or we'd get by without insurance. Well I'm very happy to say that he has found a job. He will work on contract for the next three months with the intent that they will hire him at the first of the year. They are even going to pay our COBRA. It really has been such an answer to prayer. Thank you to everyone who was praying for us.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, that is so cool that you put your blog on your 360 feed. Now I don't have to come here to see if you have posted, I can see it from my page! LOL!! I am SOOOO glad to here about Jordan's new job!! Isn't it exciting to think about what God has in store for you all through the change?! Anyway, just wanted to tell you how happy I was about the 360 feed!! Hopefully we will see you sometime soon!?!

As Always,
Angel

Anonymous said...

I really need to scrapbook!! I was thinking about it today and I have over a years worth of pictures!! Camping, birthdays... I have TONS, and I just can't get myself to scrapbook by myself!! The next time you have a day free we should have an all day scrapbooking party!! Maybe at the church? Lots of people, and food!! It'd be lots of fun!! Even just you and I would be cool, I really need to get some pages done, and we haven't hung out in quite awhile!! Ok, get back to me!!

~Ang

jenny said...

Oh Laura I am so excited for you!!! Tom's been away for 10 days (with the laptop) but just got home today and I am so enjoying catching up via your blog. Will call soon...

Love the random thoughts...I know it's a silly game, but fun!!